Pinning your favorite applications to the Start menu or the taskbar allows you to more quickly launch the applications you use most often. See how to pin applications to both the taskbar and the Start menu.
- [Instructor] Let's get the taskbar and Start menu…a little more customized.…It's easy enough to launch applications from the taskbar,…or from the live tiles in the Start menu,…but of course, the tiles that are there by default…are a bit limited.…It's much more convenient if you pin…your favorite apps to the Start menu or the taskbar.…So let's start with the Taskbar.…I have a shortcut for the Edge web browser,…for File Explorer, and for the App Store.…I want to pin Microsoft Word,…because that's an application that I use a lot,…so first I'll need to go into the Start menu…and scroll through the list of all applications,…and find Microsoft Word.…
Now, of course, this is an application…that I have installed on my computer.…This does not come with Windows.…Clearly, you're only able to pin applications…that you currently have installed.…But let's stick with Microsoft Word.…Of course, I could just click on this to launch it,…but I'm trying to make a shortcut,…so I will right click on it instead,…I'll go to this More category,…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.