Consider issues that affect physical connectivity, including cables, networking troubleshooting, and triage of problems.
- [Narrator] We rely on networks to do so many things…in our business and personal lives.…This includes accessing the Internet, sending out emails,…holding meetings via Skype and using cloud based…applications to get our work done.…You may even play audiobooks or music through…a phone connected to your car using Bluetooth,…or print wirelessly at home.…At work, users won't be able to complete tasks…without access to network resources,…so you need to be able to rapidly troubleshoot…network connectivity issues, so that your users…don't become frustrated and lose productivity.…
Physical networks require a cable to connect…the PC to the network infrastructure.…Cables come out from the back of PC's…and they can often get caught,…or pulled out from either the PC or the network socket.…Without a cable, there is no network, even if the cable…is plugged back in, it may have become damaged,…and often unless the cable is securely pushed home,…there will be no connection.…This type of connection problem can be resolved by…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.