In this movie, I'll take a look at System Recovery and walk you through the various options available in Windows 10 to keep your system up and running. I'll talk about Restore, Refresh and Reboot and discuss the differences, advantages and best use cases for each.
- [Voiceover] Let me start with an overview…of the system recovery options in Windows 10.…There are four system recovery options in Windows 10,…Windows Restore, Windows Refresh,…Windows Reset, or System Image Recovery.…I cover all four of these in this chapter.…If you've ever worked with Windows for anytime…you'll agree that one of the worst moments…is trying to fix glitches when you really…have no idea what went wrong…and why the computer won't work or even maybe boot up.…You may have spent hours scratching your head…trying to fix the problem and in the end…you just erased the entire disk and reinstalled Windows.…
Luckily, so called push button recovery tools…are available that repair Windows problems…with a lot less work and hassle.…These built in tools reduce the need…for custom recovery applications by providing users…with more recovery options and the ability…to fix their PCs more quickly and with greater confidence.…Push button reset features were introduced in Windows Eight…but have been updated in Windows 10 desktop editions,…
Note: The course maps to the Manage Updates and Recovery domain from the Configuring Windows Devices exam (70-697).
- Configuring system restore points
- Completing a system restore
- Performing a Windows refresh or reset
- Creating a system image
- Working with Windows Recovery Environment
- Configuring File History
- Recording files
- Configuring and managing updates