Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of Windows 10 encryption, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- Let's now turn our attention…to Windows 10 data encryption.…Robust device encryption across a full range of devices…is now a standard feature in all editions of Windows.…This is a significant change from previous versions…which traditionally reserve this feature…for just Business or Enterprise editions.…You're going to manage your encryption…through the BitLocker manager.…Access that by clicking on the Windows icon…and in the search box just type in BitLocker,…and then you will find it at the very top there:…Manage BitLocker.…The encryption can be enabled out of the box…in all versions of Windows 10…and configured with the additional BitLocker protection…and management capabilities,…but this is only available in the Pro…and Enterprise editions of Windows.…
On any device it supports the InstantGo…which is formally called "Connected Standby"…and is run in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10,…data is encrypted by default.…InstantGo replaces the older sleep standby features…and aims to bring smartphone-type power management…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Identify which storage usage category you should select to check how much space your downloads folder is using on your Windows drive.
- Name the type of storage space resiliency you should select to turn two physical drives into one logical drive.
- Describe the steps needed to access the NTFS permissions for a specific folder.
- List the actions required to share a printer with users on the same network.
- State how to use file explorer to open your PC instead of quick access.
- List the steps to add folder permissions for a specific folder.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.