HoloLens development can be complex. Here are some tips for dealing with common problems.
- As you're working on your own HoloLens apps…and as you follow along in this course,…you may run into a few common problems.…The HoloLens is still a developer device…while the HoloLens Toolkit is an open source project…with dozens of contributors.…You can expect to have to debug your code,…have to clean and rebuild your code,…and occasionally, to even wonder why something…didn't compile successfully this time…although you haven't changed anything at all…and it compiled just a minute ago.…First, what do you do if your application…won't deploy to the emulator?…This is just a restart situation.…
Try closing the emulator, stopping the debugger,…clean your project, and build it again.…What do you do if your application won't deploy…to your HoloLens?…Well, if you're deploying remotely,…check that you're on the same network.…Also, check that your device didn't fall asleep…while you were trying to deploy.…Also, make sure that you're compiling…to the x86 architecture.…This is really easy to overlook…and x64 or ARM builds will not work for the HoloLens.…
Join instructors Dennis Vroegop and James Ashley for this introduction for HoloLens app development. They show you how to set up your development environment, including Unity and the HoloToolkit; how to deploy to HoloLens and the HoloLens emulator; and how to build apps that accept user input via gazes, tapping, and speech. Then discover how to use spatial mapping to detect your surroundings and analyze your environment with spatial understanding. Learn how to implement spatial sound that adds to the user's existing environment, and synchronize data to create shared experiences. Along the way, learn how it all comes together in two simple 3D apps: a visualization for enterprise business and a platform game.
- Installing Unity, Visual Studio, and the HoloToolkit
- Building an app in Unity
- Deploying to HoloLens or the HoloLens emulator
- Gaze and tapping
- Spatial mapping and spatial understanding
- Spatial sound
- Shared holograms
- Creating 3D enterprise apps
- Creating 3D games
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up Your Development Environment
Download the HoloToolkit2m 32s
2. Basic Configuration and Deployment
3. Basic Interaction
4. Use HoloToolKit
5. Spatial Sound
6. Shared Experiences
7. Games and Enterprise Applications on the HoloLens
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.