This video will give you the customization tools you need to feel more comfortable with the File Explorer. You will learn how to add folders to Favorites, change viewing options, sort effectively, customize the Quick Access Toolbar, and much more.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'm going to cover…how to make customizations to your File Explorer window…for easier access to your files, folders, and other tools.…Let's start by opening up the File Explorer.…First, let's cover the quick-access toolbar…in the far upper-left of the window.…Note, the toolbar should not be confused…with the folder pane called Quick Access,…which is down here.…The quick-access toolbar allows for a great degree…of customization of this toolbar to allow…for additional tools and functionality to be accessed here.…Let's click on the dropdown to access these tools.…
And notice some of the options we have to add onto here.…The first thing I'd like to do…is choose Show Below the Ribbon…to make the toolbar a little bit more accessible.…Next I'm going to add on all the options available…to me here, including Redo, Delete.…And notice what else is already here.…Undo, Properties, New Folder,…and finally I'll add Rename.…Although these options are available within the ribbon,…we now have quick access to them regardless…
Technology trainer David Casuto explains basic Windows conventions, and explores how to best resize and manage windows, change the way your mouse behaves, and customize the desktop, including the taskbar and Start menu. Need help finding files and applications? Learn how to search more effectively using the File Explorer and Cortana, Microsoft's digital assistant. If you have visual or audio impairments, Window's accessibility features are a great tool. Learn how to use the Ease of Access options (like the Magnifier and closed captioning) to make Windows more user friendly. Last but not least, David shows how to save time with some helpful keyboard shortcuts. Windows is a powerful platform; with these tips, you'll find it even easier to use.
- Personalizing your desktop
- Managing windows
- Changing mouse properties
- Searching for files, folders, and apps
- Using the File Explorer
- Using accessibility features
- Using keyboard shortcuts