Join Brien Posey for an in-depth discussion in this video Open the App-V console, part of Windows 10: Deploy and Manage Virtual Applications.
- [Instructor] The primary tool that's used to manage APPV is the APPV management console. When you complete APPV setup, there's actually a message that displays on the splash screen providing you with a link that you can use to open this management console. But, if you've already exited out of setup, then you don't have access to that link. Now typically, when you interact with APPV, there are two different methods that you might use for accessing the console. The first method is a method that you'll use on the APPV server itself.
I'm logged on to the APPV server and what I'm going to do is click on the start button. I'm going to go up here to application virtualization management console. When I click on that, my browser window is going to open and I'm taken straight into the management console. Now this method only works if you're working directly on the APPV server. The reason for that is because of the URL that's used. Take a look right here. The URL is http://localhost:8080/console/packages.
Because this URL is referencing the local host, the URL can only be used directly on the APPV server. What if you want to access APPV remotely from some other machine? In a situation like that, we have to use a slightly different URL. What I'm going to do is close this out and I'm going to open up another browser window. The URL that we're going to use is very similar to what you just saw, but the difference is that we have to include the the fully qualified domain name of our APPV server.
I'm going to type http:// and then the fully qualified domain name of my APPV server. I'm going to type in-appv-appv, and that's the name of my APPV server, and then .poseylab.com and that's my fully qualified domain name. And then :8080. That's the port number that we're going to use.
And then /console and then /packages. When I do that, I'm prompted to log in to the APPV server. I'll go ahead and do that now. I'll login as a domain administrator. And type my password. Now I'm taken into the APPV console. That's how you would go about accessing the APPV console.
This course also maps to the corresponding domain within the Microsoft exam 70-696, Administering System Center Configuration Manager and Intune, and will help you prepare for MCSE certification.
- Installing and deploying App-V
- Sequencing an application
- Editing or upgrading an application
- Configuring applications for deployment in App-V
- Deploying apps with Intune