Now that you have finished this course, you have a strong foundation in HoloLens development. Here are some resources to help you get to the next level as a mixed reality developer.
- Now that you have the basics down,…here are some online resources…to help you keep up with HoloLens changes…and to extend your skills.…First, you'll want to bookmark…Microsoft's Mixed Reality landing page.…This is where Microsoft publishes…new documentation and updates.…Many of their early video tutorials are here.…Though, fair warning, you might find…that some of them are out of date.…The most important section here is the design section…for working in mixed reality.…Next, there's a discussion board…for Microsoft Mixed Reality…where you can ask your technical questions.…
Member of the HoloLens product team also read this list.…So if you're lucky,…you might even get one of your questions answered by them.…While those forums are mostly technical,…there are a couple of Facebook groups…that are more about sharing ideas and mixed reality news.…The HoloLens Developers group…and the HoloLens Developers Worldwide group…are great places to make new friends…who share your interests.…Last but not least, if you want to chat informally…
Join instructors Dennis Vroegop and James Ashley for this introduction for HoloLens app development. They show you how to set up your development environment, including Unity and the HoloToolkit; how to deploy to HoloLens and the HoloLens emulator; and how to build apps that accept user input via gazes, tapping, and speech. Then discover how to use spatial mapping to detect your surroundings and analyze your environment with spatial understanding. Learn how to implement spatial sound that adds to the user's existing environment, and synchronize data to create shared experiences. Along the way, learn how it all comes together in two simple 3D apps: a visualization for enterprise business and a platform game.
- Installing Unity, Visual Studio, and the HoloToolkit
- Building an app in Unity
- Deploying to HoloLens or the HoloLens emulator
- Gaze and tapping
- Spatial mapping and spatial understanding
- Spatial sound
- Shared holograms
- Creating 3D enterprise apps
- Creating 3D games
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up Your Development Environment
Download the HoloToolkit2m 32s
2. Basic Configuration and Deployment
3. Basic Interaction
4. Use HoloToolKit
5. Spatial Sound
6. Shared Experiences
7. Games and Enterprise Applications on the HoloLens
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.