Join Walt Ritscher for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Windows Presentation Foundation 4: Brushes and Colors.
- [Instructor] I hope you've enjoyed learning…about WPF colors and brushes.…Colors are vital to building a great looking application.…Add the useful set of WPF brushes and you've got the tools…for making a good UI.…This course is part of my ongoing series about WPF.…I encourage you to watch the existing WPF courses…in this series and check our online catalogue…for future additions to this series.…Now that you have a handle on the principles of this course,…you'll want to study the other UI frameworks…that utilize XAML.…
Xamarin is cross platform, mobile platform…optimized for the Microsoft.net developer.…It uses C sharp or F sharp for the coding language…and XAML for the UI markup.…In the Windows 10 ecosystem, Universal Windows Applications…are the best choice.…Write one app, run it on desktops, laptops,…Xbox and beta devices and mobile phones.…It used XAML too.…Finally, you should consider learning…Blend for Visual Studio.…This companion application contains the designer tools…that aren't in Visual Studio.…
It's the best place…
- Working with brushes
- Painting properties
- Painting in code
- Working with RGB channels
- Using hexadecimal values
- Setting opacity and transparency
- Editing color in the Visual Studio Color Editor
- Using gradient brushes
- Decorating with tiled brushes
- Adding brushes and colors to resources
- Working with opacity masks
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows Presentation Foundation: 2 Layoutwith Walt Ritscher2h 13m Intermediate
1. Brush and Color Overview
3. The Visual Studio Color Editor
4. The Gradient Brushes
5. The Tiled Brushes
6. Brushes and Colors in Resources
7. Opacity Mask
Examples of opacity patterns6m 47s
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.