What to do next to learn more about Windows 10 networking.
- We've talked a lot about the fundamentals…of Windows 10 networking, so what's next?…If networking interests you, you could continue your studies…by following a learning path to become…a network administrator.…There's a large online community…of IT professionals who can help.…One place to find them is TechNet…on the Microsoft website.…If you find IP addressing interesting,…perhaps this course would be a good fit.…Whatever you decide, there are always lots of…great books available as well as in-person…training classes at community colleges…and even senior centers.…
And you can always find me on the web.…Thanks for watching.…
Author and professor Joli Ballew shows you how to get connected, which settings to use to access different resources, and how to keep your system secure. She explains the security implications of different settings, so you can make informed decisions that help protect devices when using public networks. She also helps get the most out of the Window 10 sharing center. Lastly, she explains the native firewall rules, how to create your own inbound and outbound rules, and how to troubleshoot and modify your network connection.
Note: This course aligns to the Configure Networking domain from the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows 10 Devices.
- Configuring IP settings and wireless network settings
- Maintaining network security
- Setting up preferences
- Troubleshooting connectivity
- Managing Windows Firewall
- Creating program rules and security rules
- Using ping, ipconfig, Tracert, and PathPing to troubleshoot