- That'll do it for this course,…Windows 10: Configure, Secure and Manage Data.…Thanks for joining me.…Hope this was useful and you got a lot out of the course…and are now comfortable managing Windows…to better secure and share your important data.…There's a lot more to learn about Windows 10.…So, be sure to check out some of our other courses…on this very large topic.…For a detailed look at all the new features in Windows,…be sure to look at…Windows 10 New Features with Garrick Chow.…Now, here, we just looked at a very narrow aspect…of the Windows 10 operating system.…
For a more all-encompassing view of what Windows…has to offer, check out…Windows 10 Essential Training with Nick Brazzi.…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Identify which storage usage category you should select to check how much space your downloads folder is using on your Windows drive.
- Name the type of storage space resiliency you should select to turn two physical drives into one logical drive.
- Describe the steps needed to access the NTFS permissions for a specific folder.
- List the actions required to share a printer with users on the same network.
- State how to use file explorer to open your PC instead of quick access.
- List the steps to add folder permissions for a specific folder.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.