Learn how to troubleshoot network connectivity.
- [Instructor] Networks provide us with access…to resources and the configuration…of the client PC is essential to ensure…that devices are connected to the correct network.…You need to understand how enterprises can ensure…that IP addressing is administered automatically,…at scale, to all clients,…and to be able to troubleshoot scenarios…when IP addressing does not work.…You should already know that an IP address is used…to identify and locate devices on a network.…In fact, every device, such as a PC, tablet, or printer,…requires a valid IP address.…
IP addresses are assigned either statically or dynamically.…Static addresses can be given to a device…by manually changing settings, however,…in larger enterprises IP addresses are allocated…by using a DHCP server,…which stands for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol server…and the DHCP server manages the automatic configuration…of IP addresses within the whole network.…DHCP can scale to hundreds of thousands of devices…and is very reliable.…
If a DHCP server is not working…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.