Navigating between pages requires that those requests be funnelled through a central source. In the WinJS framework, this is WinJS.Navigation. We will learn how to make navigation requests to a new page, and send some data along the way with which that new page can be initialized.
- [Voiceover] We have the homepage loading…and it's loading into holder.…We're doing that with the WinJS dot navigation class.…But, what we want to do now is navigate between the pages,…so let's work on the add dot HTML page.…Let's look into the add HTML page.…We're gonna create a little bit of UI here.…What we need to do is let's again get rid of this div here.…Let's put in that class so that we…can get that styling of win type body,…and what we're gonna do here is…we're gonna create a holder div.…
Div id is equal to add page.…Gotta make them unique, as always.…Then, in here, we are going to have a div,…maybe just for structure, and we're gonna have a label,…and we can apply that class again if we look for it.…You'll see win dash label,…and I'm gonna put in enter in a room.…This label is gonna be for an input,…so this input here we are gonna say is the id,…because we're gonna need that is room input.…
We're gonna say the class is win textbox.…Then, after we have that set up, we're gonna have a button.…We're gonna give this an id of save button.…
Watch to gain an understanding of the Universal Windows Platform and the application life cycle. Learn to create adaptive layouts with WinJS controls. Discover how to store and share data, capture a variety of input, and explore the unified Microsoft-specific APIs: Windows Core and Geolocation. Stacey Mulcahy, a Windows evangelist, provides developers with everything they need to start building Universal Windows apps and break into cross-device development.
- Setting up your development environment
- Coding in WinJS
- Creating page objects
- Animating page transitions
- Implementing responsive design principles and UI patterns
- Working with layout controls
- Using APIs: Windows Core and Geolocation
- Saving and reading data
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with Universal Windows Applications
3. Layouts and Controls
4. Utilizing APIs
5. Managing Data and Storage
Next steps1m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.