.NET Native and .NET Core bring impactful changes to Windows development. Learn how it will impact your development with Windows 10 and UWP.
- [Instructor] In the recent past….NET has undergone changes that positively impact…UWP developers.…Some broad .NET changes include:…the introduction of .NET Core,…and .NET Standard Library.…While more UWP specific improvements include….Net Native and .NET distribution with NuGet.…Let's start by taking a look at the .NET world…to fully understand how UWP works with .NET.…Today .NET exists as three major entities,…the full .NET framework that traditional…Windows desktop applications are built on,….NET Core which is what UWP is built on,…and the Xamarin framework, also know as Mono.…
One specific advantage of .NET Core…over the traditional .NET framework…is that .NET is actually distributed…with the app rather than the operating system.…This allows for faster innovation as a developer.…As soon as a new version of .NET is available…you can update your .NET target…and leverage new APIs and updates,…you no longer have to wait for you app consumer…to update the version of .NET framework on their PC.…Each of these major .NET entities…
- Working with .NET for UWP app development
- Establishing application architecture
- Configuring Azure services
- Configuring the mobile app service backend
- Testing and publishing the service backend
- Using Facebook authentication
- Using XAML
- Client server abstraction API
- Using the UWP community toolkit
- Styling app views
- Creating adaptive views
- Testing an app for multiple user accounts
- Publishing to the Windows Store
- Sideloading app packages
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Before We Get Started
2. Build the Backend
3. Build the UWP App
4. Polish and Publish the App
Sideloading App packages2m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.