Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video Multifactor authentication, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- In this lesson, I introduce multifactor authentication.…Microsoft has baked in multifactor authentication…directly into Windows 10, this is done in an effort…to address our over reliance on passwords that have proven…so insecure in recent years and that has led to so many…instances of system break-ins and data theft.…Multifactor authentication also known as two factor…or two step authentication strengthens account security…by requiring any two of the following…authentication log ins.…
You can either do something you know like…a pin or password or something that you have like…a mobile phone or something that you are like a fingerprint.…For example, to log into your Microsoft account,…it could require your password step one and then…a security code, step two.…The security code can be sent to you by email, SMS,…phone call, or you can use an authenticator app…on your mobile device.…Likewise, an attacker would need to have a user's actual…phone and pin number or biometric information to get…into your Microsoft account.…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
- Configuring Storage Sense
- Creating storage spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Setting up NTFS permissions
- Implementing multifactor authentication
- Encrypting data
- Configuring disk quotas
- Configuring folder options
- Auditing files
- Setting up file sharing
Skill Level Beginner
Windows 10 Fundamentals for IT Proswith Jim Boyce3h 3m Intermediate
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.