The taskbar contains lots of essential controls and shortcuts, but you may not want it at the bottom of the screen. This video shows how to move or change the size of the taskbar.
- [Instructor] The taskbar is the row at the bottom of the screen where you find the Start button and usually several application shortcuts. You can resize or move the taskbar if you don't want it at the bottom of the screen. Right-click on the taskbar and choose taskbar settings. If you turn on the option to use small taskbar buttons, the taskbar will be much smaller. You can turn this option off to go back to normal. Scroll down a bit. In the menu labeled Combine taskbar buttons, you can switch to Never. Now when an application is running, it will have a label in the taskbar. Finally, to move the taskbar, go to the menu labeled Taskbar location on screen and choose a different position. You can move the taskbar to any of the four edges of the screen.
- Using multiple workspaces
- Increasing contrast and inverting colors
- Modifying the taskbar
- Managing files
- Removing preloaded apps and tiles
- Disabling notifications for specific apps
- Drawing a route in Maps
- Adjusting system settings
Skill Level Intermediate
1. General Interface Tips
2. Modify the Taskbar
Hide the taskbar33s
3. File Management Tips
Zip and unzip files1m 23s
4. Working with Apps
5. System Settings
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.