Open the Devices and Printers windows and explore the options there. Add a local printer and share it manually. Access the Properties page for a printer and configure printer security, and assign printer permissions to control what users have access to the printer and under what circumstances. Learn how to manage the print queue, delete, cancel, and restart print jobs. Explore group policy for printers.
- [Narrator] In the past,…installing a printer involved driver disks,…instruction booklets and potential failure…if any of the steps were out of order.…Nowadays, installing a printer is as easy as making…the connection and pressing the power button.…Installation happens without any interaction from the user.…Printers appear in the devices and printers…window shown here.…Once you have printers installed,…you can share them, secure them…and configure permissions to set limits…on who can use those printers and when.…I'll share this printer to show you how.…
I'll right click, I'll select printer preferences…and I'll drag this over here so we can see it all,…click the sharing tab.…I'll click share this printer and click apply.…You can read the disclaimer at the top…and click network and sharing center…to verify you have sharing setup the way you want.…I want to make sure file and printer sharing is enabled…so I'll click change advanced sharing settings.…You can see under my current profile…that turn on file and printer sharing is selected.…
Note: The course also maps to the third part of MCSA exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10. Taking this course will prepare you for objectives in the Manage and Maintain Windows domain of the test.
- Configuring Windows Update
- Updating Windows apps
- Reviewing event logs
- Using Resource Monitor and Performance Monitor
- Managing security with Windows Defender
- Creating a recovery drive
- Restoring and recovering files
- Recovering the OS with Windows Recovery
- Configuring authorization and authentication
- Securing Windows 10 with passwords
- Joining workgroups and domains
- Creating and using accounts
- Automating tasks with PowerShell
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Updates
2. Monitor Windows
3. Configure System and Data Recovery
4. Configure Authorization and Authentication
5. Configure Advanced
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.