- [Instructor] System Center Configuration Manager provides various methods for monitoring a deployment. One of the most effective methods is to use the built in reporting engine. So do to that select the Monitoring workspace, and then choose Reporting, and then Reports, and beneath Reports there are a number of different report categories. So I'm going to scroll down, and you'll notice that we have a category, Software Updates - C Deployment States. And within that there are six different types of reports related to deployments.
So let's take a look at a couple of these. I'll go ahead and open up the first one, Enforcement state for a deployment. So when I open this, we can see the report category, the report name and the report description. In this case it says this report returns the enforcement state for a specific software update deployment which is typically the second phase of a deployment. So let's go ahead and click on Values, and I'm going to choose one of my update deployments, and click OK, and then I'll click View Report. And so now when we look at the report, we can see our software update.
We can see when it was made available, when the deployment deadline was, and if I scroll over, we can see that there were a total of five computers that this deployment was applicable to, and that 100% of the computers are accounted for. So let me go ahead and close this out, and let's take a look at another one. We'll take a look at report number two. And if you look at the report description, it says this report returns the evaluation state for a specific software update deployment, which is typically the first stage of a deployment assessment.
So I'll go ahead and click Values, and once again I'll choose my software update deployment, and click OK. And I'll click View Report, and so now we can take a look at the evaluation. So here's the name of our deployment, we can see when it was made available, and when the deployment deadline was. And we can see that five computers were checked, and of those the deployment was applicable to 100% of these systems. So I'll go ahead and close that out, and we'll take a look at one more report, States for a deployment and computer.
I'll go ahead and open this up, and the reason why I wanted to open this particular report was to show that sometimes with the reporting engine, you're asked to choose multiple values. So in this case, we have a deployment just as before. So I'll click Values and we can choose a deployment. I'll choose a different one this time. And click OK, and then we're also asked to choose a device name. So I'll choose a device at random and click OK, and click View Report. And so when I look at the report, we can see the individual updates that were included in this particular deployment.
And we can also see the Assigned Site, the IP Address and the Device Name. So this is just a sample of the types of information that you can get when you're monitoring a deployment using the various deployment state reports.
- Deploying updates manually
- Monitoring deployments
- Configuring automatic deployment rules
- Analyzing log files
- Approving and declining updates in Intune
- Deploying software from SCCM, WSUS, and Intune