Learn how to modify the hardware allocation for a Hyper-V virtual machine.
- [Instructor] In this video I want to show you how to make…a modification to a Hyper-V virtual machine.…Here we can see our Windows-10 virtual machine,…and we can see a preview of the virtual machine right here,…and we can see that the virtual machine…is currently running.…And if I wanted to connect to this virtual machine…I would simply double-click on it,…and that would open up a console window…where I could interact with the virtual machine.…I'm going to go ahead and close this.…Now, what if we wanted to make…a modification to this virtual machine,…such as allocating additional hardware?…That's fairly easy to do.…
What we would do is right-click on the virtual machine,…and choose Settings from the shortcut menu,…and that's going to bring up the settings…for the virtual machine.…And, as you can see right here, we have a number…of different settings that we can change…for the virtual machine, but, right now,…a lot of these are grayed-out.…For example, if I were to click on Processor,…we can see that we have one virtual processor,…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.