Learn how to migrate virtual machine storage.
- [Instructor] In this video,…I want to show you how to move a hyper-v virtual machine…to a new location.…When you create hyper-v virtual machine,…the virtual hard disk and the various configuration files…are placed on the C drive by default.…That's great for default deployment,…but generally you can get better performance…if you move those files to a different hard disk.…So that's what I want to show you how to do.…So right now you can see that I've got a virtual machine…called new VM and that virtual machine is currently running.…Now right now, the virtual hard disk…and the configuration files for that virtual machine…are stored on C.…
I want to move that to the F drive.…So the way that I would do that is by right clicking…on the virtual machine…and I'm going to choose the move command…from the shortcut menu…and that's going to launch the move wizard.…So initially I'm taken to the wizard's…before you begin screen.…There isn't really anything to do here,…so I'm going to click next.…Now I'm prompted to choose the move type…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.