- View Offline
- Determining the best migration path
- Backing up your files
- Storing files with Easy Transfer
- Installing Windows on a new partition
- Restoring files and settings with Easy Transfer
- Connecting hardware devices
Skill Level Appropriate for all
- [Voiceover] Hi, and welcome to Migrating from Windows 7 to Windows 8. I'm David Rivers. If you're still running Windows 7, it might be time to consider a migration to Windows 8. In this course, I'll show you everything you need to know to migrate smoothly and efficiently from Windows 7 to Windows 8. I'll begin by showing you how to prepare for the migration in Windows 7. Like checking to see if your computer is ready and able to run Windows 8. We'll look at backing up your important files and using Windows Easy Transfer to simplify the migration of your files and your settings.
Then we'll walk through the Windows 8 installation steps, exploring various installation options such as installing on a separate partition or replacing Windows 7 altogether with Windows 8. Once Windows 8 is installed, we'll explore using Disk Cleanup to remove temporary files and we'll explore options for connecting your peripheral devices and drivers. So if you're ready to migrate from Windows 7 to Windows 8, let's get started.