Join Andrew Bettany for an in-depth discussion in this video Migrating to the cloud, part of Windows 10: Advanced Troubleshooting for IT Support.
- [Tutor] Moving to the cloud has required Microsoft…to invent a new directory service.…You may be thinking why do we need Azure Active Directory?…Why not just continue to use Active Directory in the cloud?…Active Directory Domain Services or AD…which is used in many businesses…is the traditional on-premises identity solution,…but this won't work in the cloud.…For connection, AD requires Kerberos…and the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol or LDAP,…and this only works for on-premises environments.…
You cannot use Kerberos in a cloud environment.…Instead, Azure Active Directory has been invented…which uses modern, work-friendly alternatives…such as OAuth 2.0 and SAML 2.0 protocols.…If we compare Active Directory and Azure AD,…we can see that Active Directory…is used for on-premises services,…and Azure AD is used for cloud based services.…Active Directory is built for a single tenant…and is not best suited for cloud services,…whereas Azure AD supports and has been optimized…for multi-tenant environments.…
There are also fundamental differences…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10: Troubleshooting for IT Supportwith Andrew Bettany3h 42m Intermediate
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.