Review Group Policy and MDM solutions, such as using migration strategies and the MDM Migration Analysis Tool.
- [Instructor] Group Policy and MDM have some…similar functionality, but they are different solutions.…There is no way that MDM is capable…to compete when it comes to the volume…of settings when compared to Group Policy,…so you need to evaluate them,…not based on the number of settings available,…but on functionality, their environment, and mobility needs.…It's clear from Microsoft's perspective…that as more businesses support a more cloud-based…mobile infrastructure, that MDM will become…the most appropriate method of managing devices.…
Let's take a quick comparison of the functionality…of each solution.…Because Group Policy is well-established…and used in nearly every business,…it has fantastic features and depth.…Whilst ever there are on-premises domain infrastructure,…Group Policy will remain fully supported by Microsoft.…With over 3,000 Group Policy settings…and many Group Policy preferences available,…you're able to configure devices using a huge array…of Group Policy objects.…With a Group Policy, you can target both servers…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.