Learn about a new tool in Maps for drawing directly on a map. In addition to making handwritten notes on a map, this tool can also be used for measuring distances and getting directions.
- [Narrator] In this movie we'll see…some new features in the Maps application.…So I'll go into the start menu,…I'll find Maps, and click on it there to launch it.…Now strictly speaking, the features…that we're talking about are not part…of the Creators Update, but these features…came out through a software update…so recently that lots of people talk about them…in the context of the Creators Update…so it really makes sense to include these features here.…What we're talking about are inking tools…in the maps that will let you draw directly on a map.…So if I go to this tool bar near the top right…and click on this button for inking,…it will open up the inking tool bar,…and we have a bunch of options here.…
But this gives you so much more…than just a simple pin stroke on a map.…These tools also let you get directions…or measure distance based on lines that you draw.…Naturally these tools will work best…on a device with a pen stylus like the Microsoft Surface…but you can still use them with a mouse…or a standard touch screen.…
- Using Live Folders and hiding the apps list in the Start menu
- Exploring changes in settings
- Using Dynamic Lock to automatically lock a computer
- Using Windows Defender and other troubleshooting tools
- Creating 3D objects in Paint 3D
- Downloading 3D components from Remix 3D
- Managing tabs and reading books in Edge
- Measuring hand-drawn routes in Maps
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/18/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that show how to use the Focused Inbox and @mentions in Mail.