Explore managing disks using the Management console, including creating, formatting, resizing, and partitions.
- [Instructor] Let's drop onto our demo PC…and take a quick tour around the disk management…and virtual hard drives.…First I'll right click the start…and select disk management.…Disk management launches and we can see a popup…for initialized disk with disk two selected.…We need to choose which partition style…for the selected disk we want to use.…This could be MBR, master boot record,…or GPT, good partition table.…
The GPT partition style is useful on UFEI motherboards.…Where as the MBR option is more compatible.…And that's the one we'll choose.…I'll confirm the MBR and select okay.…Notice in the top half of the screen only drives that have…partitions on are visible.…Let's take drive one, right click and…create a new simple volume.…We have a new simple volume wizard appear.…And we can click next.…
And then we can decide how much of the space we want…to create as a partition to this volume.…I'll click 50,000 and click next.…A drive letter is automatically allocated…but we can modify this.…I'll click next.…And notice that the default file system is NTFS,…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.