Windows 10 has a great tool for managing your startup items. In this movie, I'll guide you through the various settings to help you keep your Startup items optimized.
- [Voiceover] In this video, I demonstrate…how to manage Startup items using the Task Manager.…One mention of the word Windows Startup items,…and many Windows users, including me, start shuttering.…As you may know, Startup items are programs…that automatically load when Windows boots.…Some Startup items are represented by icons…in the System Tray.…Some are designed to assist anti-virus or iPod syncing apps.…Some just run in the background and are invisible.…
Many users like me hate Startup items…because they take up system memory…and can really slow your machine down.…Startup items also usually slow down system bootup.…Sometimes there are on/off switches…in the programs themselves to shut them off…during system startup, or at least to better manage them.…Often these are found in the Settings…or maybe in the Preferences, or they could be…in the Options or maybe even the Tools menus.…However, these are only useful with the visible…Startup items that you know about…and will now help you with the invisible ones…that are running in the background.…
Note: The course maps to the Manage Updates and Recovery domain from the Configuring Windows Devices exam (70-697).
- Configuring system restore points
- Completing a system restore
- Performing a Windows refresh or reset
- Creating a system image
- Working with Windows Recovery Environment
- Configuring File History
- Recording files
- Configuring and managing updates