This video explores the People application, which is the address book that comes with Windows 10. See how to make a new address book card and how to sort them.
- [Instructor] The People app,…also known as the address book…is one of the easiest bundled apps in Windows 10.…But, it is quite valuable,…especially when used along with the Mail application.…I'm going to go into the Start menu,…scroll through the list of all applications,…and then I'll find the People app,…and launch that from there.…The interface here is pretty simple.…On the left side, I see a list of all…of the people I have listed in my address book.…Each of these entries is referred to as a card.…When I select one of these cards,…over on the right side I can see the contact information…I have saved for this person.…
Now of course, it's possible that you might…have an empty address book when you start.…But if you have your address book application…linked to an online account that already has…some address book contacts saved,…then those address book cards…will automatically sync to your computer.…I have my computer set up to synchronize…with both my Outlook account and my Google email account.…If I go into Settings, I can see that.…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.