The Edge web browser has been enhanced to include better management of tabs, and a feature for buying and reading books. Explore these two significant changes.
- [Instructor] In the Creators Update,…there are a few important changes to Edge…which is the web browser that comes with Windows.…I'll just launch that here from the taskbar.…Many of the changes are under the hood.…There are some improvements that make Edge run faster.…You are now able to watch 4k videos from Netflix,…inside of Edge…and these aren't really things that I can demo.…But there are a few features that we can see and work with.…And the biggest new feature is tab management.…If you're not familiar with tabs,…they give you the ability to have several web pages open…at the same time.…
So as an example,…let's say I'm planning a trip to London.…I might start by just doing a search for London.…Then I get my search results here…and I might want to go to one of these pages.…Now instead of just clicking on a link,…I could right-click on a link…and choose Open in new tab.…Now up here at the top I have a separate tab.…So I can click on that to go to the page that I just opened…or I can click on this other tab to go back to the page…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Using Live Folders and hiding the apps list in the Start menu
- Exploring changes in settings
- Using Dynamic Lock to automatically lock a computer
- Using Windows Defender and other troubleshooting tools
- Creating 3D objects in Paint 3D
- Downloading 3D components from Remix 3D
- Managing tabs and reading books in Edge
- Measuring hand-drawn routes in Maps
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/18/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that show how to use the Focused Inbox and @mentions in Mail.