Explore PowerShell cmdlets for managing storage, including Get-Disk, Initialize-Disk, Get-Volume, and more. Learn where to learn more about PowerShell and this category of cmdlets, and what else can be achieved using them. Configure disks, volumes, and file system options using Disk Management and Windows PowerShell.
- [Instructor] Windows PowerShell…is a command line shell that lets users,…generally, network administrators,…automate and configure management tasks.…One of those tasks is managing disks and disk storage.…You can use PowerShell to perform operations…on disks in ways that aren't available from tools,…like disk management and commands, like disk part.…If you want to follow along here,…insert at least two removable USB disks.…You'll need to open PowerShell, then,…with administrative privileges, once you're ready.…
I'll search for it from the taskbar,…right-click it in the results,…and choose Run as Administrator.…If you want to work with disks…in a PowerShell session,…you first need to know the numbers…associated with the disks on your computer.…One way to do that is to type the command Get-Disk…in a PowerShell session and press enter.…You can see here that I have several disks…installed on my computer.…Zero and one are system and primary partitions.…Disk four, three, and two…are all external removable drives.…
I'll write down the numbers for these drives…
This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.