You can set up multiple user accounts on a Windows 10 computer. This allows each user to sign into the computer with a different name and password. Then, all files and settings are separate and unique to each user. This video goes through the process of setting up additional user accounts.
- [Instructor] At this point,…you should already be familiar with your user account.…This is your identification on your computer.…You need to type in your password for your user account…every time you start up your computer.…Remember, all of your files…and all of the system configurations that you set…are stored in your user account.…What's great is that you can set up multiple user accounts,…different identities with different passwords…to store different configurations and sets of files…for different people.…Let's take a look at your options…for setting up and managing new user accounts.…
Naturally, we'll go into Settings.…In the Start menu, I'll go to Settings,…and I want to go to the category for Accounts.…Here we see some information about my user account.…I am listed as an administrator.…An administrator is a person who has permission…to make any changes to the system on a computer.…The alternative is a standard user.…A standard user has limited access.…They cannot install new applications…that are downloaded from the web,…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.