Remove unwanted device drivers using Device Manager by uninstalling the device they represent and then confirming deletion of driver package. Delete downloaded device driver packages using File Explorer in Windows 10. Delete drivers from Control Panel's Add Remove Programs. Use Pnputil.exe to view and then uninstall driver packages.
- [Instructor] Your computer can get bogged down…with various types of data,…including videos, pictures, music and applications.…But a PC can also get cluttered with things…you might not think about like device drivers…and driver packages.…There are lots of ways to get rid of these…unwanted packages and drivers.…From uninstalling through device manager…and the deleting in file explorer…to using the command line tool pnputil.…Let's start with the most basic.…Device manager, to uninstall a device…and its driver you must navigate to the device…you wanna uninstall…and during the uninstall process,…also opt to remove the driver package.…
You won't be prompted to remove the driver package…if another device on the system uses that same driver.…You do it like this.…Locate the device to uninstall.…I'm gonna choose this NVIDIA High Definition Audio device.…I'll right click it and choose uninstall.…Note the option to also delete the driver software…for the device.…To complete this process, simply click OK.…I'm not actually going to delete my audio driver,…
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing Windows 10
- Upgrading Windows 10
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Provisioning with Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
4. Perform Post Installation Tasks
5. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.