Remove unwanted device drivers using Device Manager by uninstalling the device they represent and then confirming deletion of the driver package. Delete downloaded device driver packages using File Explorer in Windows 10. Delete drivers from Control Panel's Add Remove Programs. Use Pnputil.exe to view and then uninstall driver packages.
- [Woman] Your computer can get bogged down … with various types of data including videos, pictures, … music, and applications. … But a PC can also get cluttered … with things you might not think about … like device drivers and driver packages. … There are lots of ways to get rid of this … from uninstalling through device manager … or deleting in file explorer, … or even using the command line tool, pnputil. … Let's start with the most basic, device manager. … Right click start and click device manager to open. … To uninstall a device and its driver, … you must navigate to the device you want to uninstall … and during the uninstall process, … also opt to remove the driver package. … You won't be prompted to remove that package … if another device on the same system uses it though. … Do it like this. … First, locate the device to uninstall and right click it. … Here's the option to uninstall. … When you're ready, click that. … If you are prompted to delete the driver software as well, …
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing and upgrading Windows 10
- Troubleshooting group policies on devices
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Configure and Support Core Serviceswith Joli Ballew2h 56m Intermediate
Windows 10: Manage and Maintain Windows 10with Joli Ballew2h 29m Intermediate
Setting up Windows1m 28s
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure Devices by Using Local Policies
4. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
5. Perform Post Installation Tasks
6. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.