This video shows how to organize files that are stored on the desktop. Identify the desktop folder and talk about its relationship to the contents of the computer's desktop. Move, sort, and organize files on the desktop.
- [Instructor] At this point,…you should know that you can go into File Explorer,…navigate to the C drive, the internal hard drive,…go to the folder called users…where you'll find a folder with an abbreviated version…of your name on it,…you can open that up,…and you'll see the default folders…that are in your user folder where you can store files.…In this movie, I want to focus specifically on…the desktop folder.…And the important thing that I need you to know here…is that when you store files in this desktop folder,…those files will also show up on the desktop,…just this background area behind all of your windows.…
So, to see how this works, I'm just going to use…the shortcuts in the sidebar for both my desktop folder…and my downloads folder.…So first, I'm going to go to my downloads folder…where I have the exercise files folder,…and I want to take one of these sub-folders,…and I'm going to move it to the desktop…just using the shortcut.…So, I'm going to drag this folder,…drop it on the desktop folder.…So now, if I go into the desktop folder,…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.