Disconnect from a wireless network. Turn off and on Wi-Fi. Manage wireless networks. Forget known networks you no longer need access to. Use Wi-Fi Sense to connect to suggested Wi-Fi hotspots. Enable the option to purchase Wi-Fi when no other Wi-Fi option is available and paid Wi-Fi is.
- [Instructor] There's more to wireless networks…than just connecting to them.…There are some management options as well.…You can access a couple of them…from the network icon on the task bar…including the option to enable or disable Wi-Fi…and/or airplane mode.…You can modify either by clicking them once.…They toggle off and on when you do.…It makes sense that you won't see these options…on a desktop computer that doesn't support Wi-Fi.…You can click any Wi-Fi network in this list…to connect or disconnect as well.…
This is the Wi-Fi network I'm connected to…and I have the option to disconnect.…This is an additional Wi-Fi network…and I have the option to connect.…Every time you connect to a network Windows remembers it.…It checks the list when you are connected…to see if any of them are available.…If you connect to a lot of networks…the list can get pretty long.…Let's take a look at your list.…Click Start, then Settings, then Network & Internet.…From here, choose Wi-Fi and select Manage known networks.…
You can manually forget networks…
This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.