The HoloLens lets you build some unusual illusions. In this video, put a hole in your floor.
- [Instructor] So in our project,…we now have spatial understanding working.…It does a scan of the room, it shows us a wireframe,…and when it's done, the wireframe goes away.…That's alright, but it would be cool…if we can make it a little more interesting.…So what I want to do now is add an object…that actually shows up only when the scanning is done.…I'm going to go ahead and start off with the scripting,…and then we'll come back to Unity.…We're going to go back to managers,…and we're going to edit the game manager one more time.…
Hit edit script and we're back in VisualStudio.…I need to go to the top of this class.…I'm going to create another public property.…This time I want a space to put a GameObject…that I can make visible at the end,…so I'm just going to create the GameObject property here,…and we're going to call it _floorObject.…Great.…Going to scroll down to the bottom.…I'm going to insert my code right under line 105.…
I'm going to call a method called Instantiate(),…which lets me create a new object,…
Join instructors Dennis Vroegop and James Ashley for this introduction for HoloLens app development. They show you how to set up your development environment, including Unity and the HoloToolkit; how to deploy to HoloLens and the HoloLens emulator; and how to build apps that accept user input via gazes, tapping, and speech. Then discover how to use spatial mapping to detect your surroundings and analyze your environment with spatial understanding. Learn how to implement spatial sound that adds to the user's existing environment, and synchronize data to create shared experiences. Along the way, learn how it all comes together in two simple 3D apps: a visualization for enterprise business and a platform game.
- Installing Unity, Visual Studio, and the HoloToolkit
- Building an app in Unity
- Deploying to HoloLens or the HoloLens emulator
- Gaze and tapping
- Spatial mapping and spatial understanding
- Spatial sound
- Shared holograms
- Creating 3D enterprise apps
- Creating 3D games
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up Your Development Environment
Download the HoloToolkit2m 32s
2. Basic Configuration and Deployment
3. Basic Interaction
4. Use HoloToolKit
5. Spatial Sound
6. Shared Experiences
7. Games and Enterprise Applications on the HoloLens
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.