Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video Log disk quota events, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- In a previous lesson, I demonstrated how to limit…disk usage on specified system drives.…You can also specify a disk quota limit…without actually denying user's further disk space.…This is useful when you don't want to limit usage…on a volume, but you want to track disk space…on a per user basis.…You can also specify whether to log an event…when user's exceed either their quota warning level…or their quota limit.…Let me demonstrate how to do this.…We're going to go to the file explorer…and right click on the disk that you want…to set quota limits for.…
Let's do this on the new storage space, drive F,…choose Properties, and you're going to set quotas here…in the Quota tab, click on the Show Quota Settings…and then notice you can enable quota management.…You can actually deny disk space to users exceeding…their quota limit, but if you turn that off,…you won't actually deny anything that they can do,…but you can still set disk limits and a warning level.…Here at the bottom is where you'll actually select…your quota logging options for this particular volume.…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
- Configuring Storage Sense
- Creating storage spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Setting up NTFS permissions
- Implementing multifactor authentication
- Encrypting data
- Configuring disk quotas
- Configuring folder options
- Auditing files
- Setting up file sharing
Skill Level Beginner
Windows 10 Fundamentals for IT Proswith Jim Boyce3h 3m Intermediate
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.