Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video Log disk quota events, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- In a previous lesson, I demonstrated how to limit…disk usage on specified system drives.…You can also specify a disk quota limit…without actually denying user's further disk space.…This is useful when you don't want to limit usage…on a volume, but you want to track disk space…on a per user basis.…You can also specify whether to log an event…when user's exceed either their quota warning level…or their quota limit.…Let me demonstrate how to do this.…We're going to go to the file explorer…and right click on the disk that you want…to set quota limits for.…
Let's do this on the new storage space, drive F,…choose Properties, and you're going to set quotas here…in the Quota tab, click on the Show Quota Settings…and then notice you can enable quota management.…You can actually deny disk space to users exceeding…their quota limit, but if you turn that off,…you won't actually deny anything that they can do,…but you can still set disk limits and a warning level.…Here at the bottom is where you'll actually select…your quota logging options for this particular volume.…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Identify which storage usage category you should select to check how much space your downloads folder is using on your Windows drive.
- Name the type of storage space resiliency you should select to turn two physical drives into one logical drive.
- Describe the steps needed to access the NTFS permissions for a specific folder.
- List the actions required to share a printer with users on the same network.
- State how to use file explorer to open your PC instead of quick access.
- List the steps to add folder permissions for a specific folder.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.