Learn about a new feature that allows you to limit new application installations to the Windows Store only. This can help protect a computer from viruses and malware.
- [Instructor] There is a new feature in the Creators update…that will allow you to limit installation…of applications to the Windows App Store only.…If you choose to enable this feature,…it would mean that no applications could be…installed from a disk, or from a download from a website.…This feature can be found by going into Settings,…so I'll go to the Start menu, to Settings,…and I want to go to the Apps category.…I want to make sure I'm in this main section,…this Apps & features section,…and then the first option here is Installing apps.…
I can open up this menu and I can change this.…So by default, it's set to allow me to install…apps from anywhere, but if I wanted to,…I could change this to only Allow apps from…the Windows App Store.…When I describe this feature to people,…a lot of people are surprised.…Why would I ever want to limit where…I'm allowed to install applications from?…Well the answer is simply a question of security,…or to oversimplify, virus protection.…Generally speaking, viruses and malware…
- Using Live Folders and hiding the apps list in the Start menu
- Exploring changes in settings
- Using Dynamic Lock to automatically lock a computer
- Using Windows Defender and other troubleshooting tools
- Creating 3D objects in Paint 3D
- Downloading 3D components from Remix 3D
- Managing tabs and reading books in Edge
- Measuring hand-drawn routes in Maps
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 04/18/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that show how to use the Focused Inbox and @mentions in Mail.