The Mail, Calendar, and address books applications can synchronize data with online email accounts. In fact, you must have an email account to use the Mail application. See how to set up these applications so that they can access and synchronize data from your online accounts.
- [Instructor] Before using the mail, calendar,…and address book tools that come…with Windows 10, most people will need…to connect those applications to an online account.…So let's see how to link your email account…with Windows, which you can later use…for sending messages and keeping your calendars…and address books synchronized to that account.…So first I want to launch the mail application.…I'll go to the start menu and mail is one…of those applications that comes with Windows.…I have a tile for it here so I'll just click…on that to launch it and this is the first time…I'm launching it on this computer.…
When you launch mail for the first time,…you will see this screen.…You will not be able to do anything in mail…until you link an online account.…Now that's not true with the address book…and the calendar application,…you can launch those and work with those…without setting up an online account,…but of course you'll get much more options…if you do link an account.…And we're not creating a new account here.…You have to come with this with an email account…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.