- Explore how to fight malware.
- Recall core reasons for using a firewall.
- Analyze the steps for backing up a PC.
- Recognize how to apply account security.
- Recall how to configure Windows update.
- Recognize how to install updates and improve PC performance.
Skill Level Beginner
- Hello, I'm Dan Gookin. Welcome to PC maintenance and performance fundamentals. Yes, it's that old topic, maintenance. That thing you know you're supposed to do, but probably avoid. The good news is that maintaining a PC is pretty simple. You don't have to change any filters, deal with messy liquids, or trim the computer's toenails. The better news is that when you maintain your PC, you see a boost in performance. The two go together, and the end result is a computer system that runs well and you get the full worth of your technology investment.
In this course, I review some simple items in Windows you can check or configure that handle the maintenance tasks and confirm that your system is running at peak performance. Now it's time to get started exploring PC maintenance and performance fundamentals.