Join Mike Meyers for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to users and groups, part of CompTIA A+ (220-902) Cert Prep: 3 Windows Basics.
- What I have in front of me is a file folder…but really what I want this to be it's my computer…and inside my computer are lots and lots of folders.…These folders have photographs, and movies, and music, and…my bills that I gotta pay, and a blueprint of my house,…I mean there is all kinds of stuff inside this hard drive…that is my computer.…There is a lot of stuff on here that I may or may not…want to share with other people.…
What I need to do is to create a methodology…that prevents other people from getting to this…but on the same token allows people that I do want to…have some level of access to be able to get to stuff.…That's the whole idea of what…we call user accounts in Windows.…When you walk up to a Windows machine…you need to type in a username and a password.…This username and password opens the computer,…and then provides some access to all the chocolate…goodness that is the inside of my computer,…the resources of my computer.…
A user account gets us into the computer…and we call that authentication.…
Part 3 covers the Windows operating system: all the basics you need to know to troubleshoot the inside of a PC. Author and CompTIA expert Mike Meyers takes a look under the hood at the processes, services, and tasks and provides an overview of user management, which is one of the foundations of Windows security. In Chapter 3, you'll learn some techniques for maintaining and optimizing the performances of Windows, including backup and restore procedures. Every lesson maps to a question in the critical Windows domain—an estimated 30% of the exam.
Details about the certification and the exam blueprints can be found at https://certification.comptia.org/certifications/a.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- What is the Windows registry?
- Understanding the boot process
- Using the Windows 8 Task Manager
- Creating and managing users
- Working in the Microsoft Management Console
- Installing and uninstalling programs
- Backing up and restoring Windows