- [Instructor] In this video I want to talk about…a technology that's built into Windows 10…called Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Direct is designed…to allow two devices to communicate…over a Wi-Fi link…without the use of a wireless access point.…Wi-Fi Direct enables those two devices…to set up a peer network.…The technology really isn't all that different…from ad hoc networking that we had many years ago…except that the link is much faster…than was possible with ad hoc networking,…and it's easier to set up.…There are two main protocols…that are used with Wi-Fi Direct.…The first one is called Wi-Fi Direct device…and Service Discovery Protocol,…and this particular protocol…is what allows the two devices to discover one another.…
The other main component to Wi-Fi Direct…is Wi-Fi Protected Setup,…and that's the mechanism that allows the devices…to establish connectivity to one another,…after they've discovered each other.…So when it comes…to linking two devices together using Wi-Fi direct,…there are three different methods that are supported…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.