After learning how to launch applications, it's important to get familiar with some of the common interface elements that you see when operating windows. See how to open and close application windows. Take a look at ribbons and windows, and other common interface elements.
- [Instructor] After you are comfortable…launching applications,…it's important to get familiar with some…common buttons and controls that you will need…to use in the Windows interface.…So let's start by opening up a few applications…so we've got something to work with.…I'll just use the task bar to launch Edge,…and I'll open up a file explorer window,…and I want one more application,…so I'll go into the start menu,…and I'll open up the weather app.…So now I've got these three windows open.…And it might be a little confusing…when I use the word, windows.…You see Windows, with a capital W is the name…of the operating system that we're learning here,…Windows 10.…
But this box that opens up when I launch a program,…that's known as a window, with a lowercase w.…So I have three windows open,…and when I interact with programs on my computer,…generally I'm interacting with a window, like this.…These windows are stacked up on top of each other…which is normal.…One window is always on the top.…But notice how I can see part of these other…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.