Learn how to install an operating system onto a Hyper-V virtual machine.
- [Narrator] In the last video,…I showed you how to create a Hyper-V virtual machine.…In this video, I want to show you…how to install an operating system…onto the virtual machine that we just created.…So, here we are in the Hyper-V manager,…and you can see our newly created virtual machine.…Now, typically, if this were…a Generation 1 virtual machine,…and we had installation media that was based on DVD,…then what we would do is double click on the virtual machine…and that would open up the virtual machine window.…And you'll notice that we have a menu up here…and one of the menu options is media.…
I could click on media…and then choose the DVD drive that I want to use.…But in this case, because I've got…a Generation 2 virtual machine,…we don't have access to DVD drives.…So instead, what I'm going to do…is close this window out…and then I'm going to right click on the virtual machine…and I'm going to go to settings.…This brings up the settings…for this particular virtual machine.…And if I scroll through here,…you can see that we have a SCSI controller.…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.