Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Install cloud tools, part of IoT Development with Windows 10 IoT Core 2: Enabling the Cloud and Security.
- [Narrator] Back to our Solution, we're going to…go to Tools, Extensions and Updates,…then we're going to come down here to Online…and we're going to put in azure iot…and it's going to come back and show us this,…Connected Service for Azure IoT Hub.…So we're going to Download and install that.…It's about 10 meg.…Run the VSIX installer.…And restart Visual Studio.…Okay, we've restarted Visual Studio,…let's come to our Project, right click here…and say Add Connected Service.…
We're going to pick Azure IoT Hub,…use the Hardcoded mode and pick our course.…You may have had to change your Microsoft account…or login here, we're already logged in…so it already shows our hub, click Add,…going to use that IoT Device Twin…or Hub Device as apparently they're calling it now.…Now it's going to install some new NuGet packages…into our project, Newtonsoft.Json…and some Azure libraries that we need…to be able to talk to Windows Azure.…
When that's done, it takes us to this page…that tells us how to get started with all this stuff.…
- Reviewing hardware options
- Exploring the Sense HAT
- Assembling a prototype
- Designing and implementing UX
- Implementing sensor access
- Reviewing cloud options
- Installing cloud tools
- Sending data to the cloud
- Reviewing Windows 10 IoT security
- Planning for production security
- Moving from prototype to production
Skill Level Beginner
Android App Development: Internet of Thingswith Michael Lehman2h 11m Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update New Featureswith Nick Brazzi1h 9m Appropriate for all
IoT Foundations: Low-Power Wireless Networkingwith Ryan Hu2h 32m Intermediate
1. Designing an IoT Product with Windows
2. Building the WeatherWare Device
3. Connecting to the Cloud
4. Securing Your Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.