The app store in Windows is an online store where you can find and install new software for your computer. Some apps are free, and some apps will cost money. Once you know how it works, it's fairly easy to install software from the app store. This video shows how to get started.
- [Instructor] There are lots of useful applications…that come bundled with Windows 10…but I'm pretty confident that you will want…or need to install some other application.…There are a few ways to install new software…but you should probably start with the Windows Store…which you've probably used…in the past to buy music or movies.…If you have it in the task bar you can launch it from there…or you could go the start menu and find the store…and launch it from there.…Now, looking up here at the top of the window,…I can see that we start in the home section,…that's currently selected there…and there are a few other sections.…
Apps and Games are basically going to work the same.…Both of these sections contain new applications…that you can install on your computer.…So, you could browse through home, apps or games…and as you browse through the store…you will see some that are free and some that cost money.…We're going to take a look at both in this movie…but before you can download an app…you will need to be signed in…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.