Install additional features to a Windows 10 installation from Control Panel. Select Programs and Features to get started. This is how and where you install Hyper-V features including the Hyper-V Platform, as well as Telnet Client and others. You can also turn off features here like Internet 11 or Windows Media Player.
- [Instructor] Not all of the features available…in Windows 10 are available when Windows is first installed.…Some features, like Hyper-V, Telnet, and Work Folders…must be installed manually.…You can enable these features…using the Programs and Features options in Control Panel.…You can also disable features you don't use, want, or need.…To see what's available, on the Task Bar,…type "Turn Windows features on or off".…Click it in the results.…Select or deselect the Windows features as desired.…
I'll disable Microsoft Print to PDF like this…and I'll enable Telnet Client.…Then I'll click OK.…If prompted to restart the computer,…go ahead and do that when it's convenient.…Once you reboot, the new features will be ready to use.…A very useful feature is Install a Language.…Open Control Panel and click Add a Language to get started.…I'll right-click Start and click Control Panel here.…Under Clock, Language, and Region,…I'll click Add a Language.…
Once here, click Add a Language…and choose the language you want to add.…
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing Windows 10
- Upgrading Windows 10
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Provisioning with Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
4. Perform Post Installation Tasks
5. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.