This tutorial shows how to install Visual Studio and ensure the correct UWA components are available.
- [Instructor] In order to create…a Universal Windows application…and run it on an Xbox device,…you have to set up your developer computer…with the correct steps.…Microsoft has a document that shows you…what these steps are,…and I have it open in the browser.…The title's called…Getting started with UWP app development on Xbox One.…UWP stands for Universal Windows Platform.…The general steps are listed here.…You have to have a PC with Windows 10 installed.…You have to install Visual Studio 2015.…Microsoft is suggesting that you use…the most recent version,…which is Update 3…and you have to have five gigabytes of free space…on your Xbox One available.…
There are more details listed here…which you actually need to do…on your development PC.…Step one is to install Visual Studio.…Step two is to install the latest Windows 10 SDK,…but this step's not necessary.…Microsoft neglects to put that on its web page,…because if you're installing this version…of Visual Studio…the SDKs are already included.…There are many ways to install Visual Studio.…
- Setting up the development environment
- Installing Visual Studio
- Creating a Dev Center account
- Installing and activating Developer Mode on Xbox One
- Pairing Visual Studio with the Xbox
- Mirroring Xbox One content to a PC
- Exploring a UWP app on a PC, mobile device, and Xbox One
- Creating a basic UWP app
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up the Development Environment
2. Why Build an App for Xbox?
3. Create a Basic UWP App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.