You can develop apps for the HoloLens even if you don't have a HoloLens device. Learn how to download and install the HoloLens emulator.
- [Tutor] The HoloLens Emulator is the first…of the optional downloads.…It lets you run and test your HoloLens app…even if you don't have a HoloLens device.…It can do this because the emulator runs…the full version of the HoloLens operating system…on a virtual machine.…Before installing the emulator,…you'll want to check if your machine…supports virtualization for the HoloLens Emulator.…First, you're going to need Windows Pro,…or Enterprise, or Education.…The only version this doesn't work on…is on Windows 10 Home edition.…
To check which version you have,…you can pull up the MS Info app…and you'll find your version of Windows at the top.…You'll also need to be running a 64-bit operating system…and you can find that just a little bit below there.…The final thing you'll need is you have to have…Hyper-V running.…To find that, right-click on your Windows menu…and go to Programs and Features.…Go to Turn Windows features on or off,…and this will tell you if you have Hyper-V installed.…
If these boxes are not checked,…
Join instructors Dennis Vroegop and James Ashley for this introduction for HoloLens app development. They show you how to set up your development environment, including Unity and the HoloToolkit; how to deploy to HoloLens and the HoloLens emulator; and how to build apps that accept user input via gazes, tapping, and speech. Then discover how to use spatial mapping to detect your surroundings and analyze your environment with spatial understanding. Learn how to implement spatial sound that adds to the user's existing environment, and synchronize data to create shared experiences. Along the way, learn how it all comes together in two simple 3D apps: a visualization for enterprise business and a platform game.
- Installing Unity, Visual Studio, and the HoloToolkit
- Building an app in Unity
- Deploying to HoloLens or the HoloLens emulator
- Gaze and tapping
- Spatial mapping and spatial understanding
- Spatial sound
- Shared holograms
- Creating 3D enterprise apps
- Creating 3D games
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up Your Development Environment
Download the HoloToolkit2m 32s
2. Basic Configuration and Deployment
3. Basic Interaction
4. Use HoloToolKit
5. Spatial Sound
6. Shared Experiences
7. Games and Enterprise Applications on the HoloLens
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.