Any Xbox One is usable as a developer device, provided the correct app is installed on the device. This tutorial shows how to install the Developer Mode app from the Xbox Store.
- [Instructor] At this point, I am ready to set up my Xbox…as a developer device.…To do that, I'll go to the Store,…and I'll install a special app created by Microsoft…called the Dev Mode app, and that allows me to switch…from Retail Mode to Dev Mode.…When you're in Retail Mode, you can use the Xbox…in it's normal fashion, play games,…do all the other apps on it, watch movies.…When you're in Dev Mode, you can only work with…your applications that you've sideloaded onto the Xbox.…And you can also, at this point, attach a debugger…to your application when you deploy it from Visual Studio…and do developer specific tasks.…
I'll start by going to the Store.…Then I'll scroll down, to the Search section.…There's the application I'm looking for,…Dev Mode Activation.…Get the app, it'll start downloading.…At this point, I have the application installed,…and I'm ready to Launch, I'll do that in the next video.…
- Setting up the development environment
- Installing Visual Studio
- Creating a Dev Center account
- Installing and activating Developer Mode on Xbox One
- Pairing Visual Studio with the Xbox
- Mirroring Xbox One content to a PC
- Exploring a UWP app on a PC, mobile device, and Xbox One
- Creating a basic UWP app
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up the Development Environment
2. Why Build an App for Xbox?
3. Create a Basic UWP App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.