Join Brien Posey for an in-depth discussion in this video Install the App-V Sequencer, part of Windows 10: Deploy and Manage Virtual Applications.
- [Instructor] The tool that is used to sequence applications in App-V is the App-V sequencer. So, let's go ahead and install that. Now, before we can install the App-V sequencer, we're going to need to check on a couple of prerequisites. I'm on a Windows 10 machine, so I'm going to right-click on the start button and go to run, and then I'm going to type control to access the control panel. Once I'm in the control panel, I'm going to go to programs, and then I'm going to go to turn Windows feature on or off.
Now, there are two things that we need to check for here. We need to make sure that .NET Framework 4.x is installed, which it is, and we also need to make sure that PowerShell is installed. Here's Windows PowerShell, and that's installed. So, the next thing that we need to do is install the sequencer. So, I'm going to open up file explorer, and I'm going to go to my C drive, and I'm going to go the App-V folder. And right here, you can see that I have a file called adksetup.
This is something that I downloaded. We can't use the version of the sequencer that comes with App-V because it doesn't run on Windows 10. So, I'm going to go ahead and double-click on this to launch it, and we can see that the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit for Windows 10 loads. It's very important that you choose the Windows 10 version. And I'm going to go with the defaults right here, and click next, and I'm not going to worry about sending anonymous usage data to Microsoft, I'm just going to click next.
I'll accept the license agreement, and now we have to choose which components we want to install. There are a lot of different components here, and most of these we can disable. The one component that we do need is Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) Sequencer. So I've got that selected, I'm going to click install, and I'll click close, and now the App-V sequencer has been installed.
- Installing and deploying App-V
- Sequencing an application
- Editing or upgrading an application
- Configuring applications for deployment in App-V
- Deploying apps with Intune